Wednesday

Interoffice Memo

I had one of those Interoffice Memorandum's taped to my office door when I came in this morning. More accurately, I walked through a hallway widely decorated with interoffice memorandums (it looked like it snowed).  Must be something important I thought but since I hadn't had a cup of coffee yet, I couldn't quite comprehend what all the red and black print on the page was trying to tell me.  I opened my office door, grabbed my coffee mug and started my day.   A few minutes and a shot of caffeine later I looked at the oh so important memo

TO: Occupant of Room # ______
FROM: Environmental Services Department
SUBJECT: FLOOR REFINISHING or carpet cleaning schedule
We are in the process of blah blah blah to the floor this room has been scheduled to have the floor refinished blah blah blah blah.  we will give you 1 - 4 days notice.    This room has been scheduled DAY: TODAY between 5:00pm and 1:30am    remove everything off the floor   blah blah blah blah


I glance down at the carpet on my office floor, the precious few inches of carpet that are showing between the filing cabinets and my desk and the boxes of crap I am required to maintain in my office.  Glad they put that or carpet cleaning on the memo in such large bold print or I might have missed it.  What am I to do with all this crap?  How am I supposed to get everything off the floor? Is it really worth it to have them shampoo the 4 square inches of visible carpet?  I don't want my carpet to look worse than everyone else's carpet in the department, but will they even notice?  it's such a small amount of carpet and people ever only comment on how I live in a closet all day...    oh crap, it's a lot of work to get the stupid carpet cleaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment