Monday

and then the house burns down

2011 was determined to go out with a bang.  I didn't know how determined she was.  It's been a rough year for just about everyone I know.  We've done ok if you don't count our finances.  We've been healthy pretty much and I'm so grateful for that but my bank acount? well that sucks.  2011 was the year of completely unpaid child support, completely unreimbursed medical bills, totaled car, plumbing problem after plumbing problem and broken furnaces etc.  I thought we were done with money problems pretty much until last night when I found out my house burned down.  It burned to the ground.  I apparently bought a live tree, I've never had a live tree before (never mind that I was raised with only live tree's) and I didn't know I needed to water the tree and it got too dry and caught fire and burned my house to the ground and I lost everything. E V E R Y T H I N G!    E V E R Y T H I N G   Y'all - Just want to make sure you understand because I was more than a little confused as I was sitting in my kitched when the news reached my ears. 
Some insane apparently well meaning soul decided my children and I deserved an awesome Christmas this year.  Thankfully the insane well meaning soul came by to let me know how awesome our Christmas was going to be, - cause when they told me they had "fudged the details a little bit" and told the store owners and managers that my house burned down and I had lost everything. I flipped out!   Are you kidding me?

We didn't lose anything! we went through a bad divorce, we lost things. We didn't lose everything.  We have each other.  This person apparently lost their marbles.  Thankfully, they mentioned the names of the places they had notified of my tragedy so I called the stores this morning and let them  know my home had NOT burned down and I had NOT lost everything. 

Can you imagine my confusion if Channel 3 had shown up on the doorstep of my non burned home?

can you say FRAUD?

I know they meant well, but I can see this leading to the loss of my job and my children.

Thanks but no thanks.

Please let 2012 be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment