Monday

Good deeds...

Real:
Worked a marathon - have you ever mixed powerade in 50 gallon trashcans?  looks like witches brew minus the eye of newt
Secretly bought groceries for a friend - not much but every little thing counts
Mailed secret notes of encouragement to several people having a bad week
Worked a couple of other charity events

If life was the way I want it, these are the good deeds I would have done this week - Imaginary Good Deeds:
Standing in line at Target - I thought about how much fun it would be to tell the cashier I was paying for the purchases of everyone standing in line (you know, if I had won the lottery or something).
Running a marathon - mmhmm like that will EVER happen, more likely to win the lottery
Bought groceries for several families I know who are struggling (but it wouldn't be just once, nope I would love to buy them groceries and sneak it on their porch every friday for like a year).  That would be super fun! And - I would put a gift certificate in the bag so the mom could get her hair cut and colored or whatever she wanted so she would feel special. 
Those police officers who put their lives on the line for us every day? Their families would receive gift certificates for photo shoots with my favorite photographer, and zoo memberships.  Something to give them memories together.
The Researchers at St. Jude Children's Research Hospital who have sacrificed everything to save my child's life? I would donate millions - the Dysfunctional foundation would officially save lives and I would be so happy!

I know a lot of people if they won the lottery would buy a boat, a house, a new car etc...  I dream about different things.  How that money would change the world.  I'm sure I won't ever find out what that amount of money will do and that's ok because I know what I can do with the amount of money I have.  With this amount of money I can help those around me, with what I have been given I can change lives and for this I am grateful.  With the small amount of talent I have been given I will use it to help others.

No comments:

Post a Comment