Wednesday

Christmas and good deeds, what are you doing?

i have a lot of kids and not a lot of money.  This leads to a lot of stress when Christmas comes around.  I am used to spoiling my kids rotten and buy buy buying things for my children.  The last few years for one reason or another the buy buy buying came to a screeching halt and I needed to find other ways to provide my children with wonderful Christmas memories.
I know Christmas is when we are supposed to "remember the reason for the season" however my kids have had that drummed into their ears until they don't really care to ever hear it again so I don't want to get all preachy with them.
This year I want them to be content and to give to others. Give gifts, give actions and give of their hearts however I am not making them participate in the good deeds and gift giving. I am doing my own thing, they are aware of it and if they choose to participate I will be happy.  This year I will set the example and maybe next year they will choose to join in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment